What have I been thinking??

Thursday, May 12, 2005

*Mo' Money Mo' Problems*

Comedy Central star Dave Chappell has checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa. The comedian's whereabouts and condition have been unknown since Comedy Central abruptly announced last week that the planned May 31 launch of the third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been postponed and production halted.
Chappelle flew from Newark, N.J., to South Africa on April 28 for treatment.
Okay, Dave Chappell is freakin hilarious! If you haven't seen Chappell Show, I highly advise you check it out! The first season DVD: The Black White Supremacist, The Real Mad Real World, and OMG Trading Spouses, etc... GREATNESS! With the second season coming out soon. Chappelle signed a $50 million deal with Comedy Central for two more seasons of his show, a payday made possible because of the explosive sales of the show's first season DVD. I have heard that he was quite content with his low-key fame such as "Half Baked" and appearences in other hit comedy films. The fame he was receiving from the hit Chappell Show, has become too much for him!
This is just one example (Perfect Example, he had money and he's dead!) that P Diddy and Mase said the straight up truth... "I don’t know what they want from me, It’s like the more money we come across, The more problems we see"
I remember back when I had no money (NOW Still, but that's beside the point) but I mean MADE a lot less money... the more money you make the more things you buy/want, not NEED but CAN get. Then you start getting that wonderful thing we all call "better" CREDIT and utimately we all end up in DEBT!!
And back when I made less money, I was still just as happy!!
Look at all the rich and famous who commit suicide, overdose, admit themselves!!!
Anyway, over it now... I hope Dave get's better cause I need a Season 3!!

9 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Anthony said…

    crazy shiat...nicki..you and i should go incognito down to south africa and bust chapelle out...i'll even get some pepperidge farm goldfish for the trip

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Nicki said…

    I may go with, it all depends on the flavor of the pepperidge farm goldfish you will be bringing...

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Anthony said…

    i purchased 3 flavors for the trip...original, cheddar, and pretzel...you can't go wrong with that....

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    I wonder is Brian met Dave in
    the funny farm.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger CaptSmakk said…

    Just read an update where Dave says he was just taking a "spirtual break" with friends in South Africa.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There was a show about people winning the lottery and all the problems/suicides/VD/family breakups it caused.

    Fuck, I hope I win the lottery. It would rule!

    You're pretty smoking by the way. And I mean that in the machoist of ways.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Anthony said…

    hey look at buster the beast on my age

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger geezer squeezer! said…

    how come all these talented people go nuts?!?!?!?!?!? its wrong.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Giggling Ghost said…

    I hope he recovers soon...

    My favorite was the skit about him being that blind clan leader who didn't know he was black.
    Then in the end he divorced his wife b/c she was "a nigger lover."

    FUcking GREAT!!!

    lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home